Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Vancouver Downtown Eastside #1

This is part of a larger series of portraits of the Vancouver Downtown Eastside, Canada’s poorest neighbourhood. They were taken mainly in the fall of 2006 and are intended to be a portrait of the community itself. Throughout the years, this neighbourhood has suffered from many challenges which include, but are not limited to, drug addiction, poverty, diseases such as HIV and hepatitis, prostitution, governmental and societal indifference, and a terrifyingly prolific serial killer.




3 comments:

The Journal Reason said...

I am a BCIT Broadcast Journalism student who has recently finished a radio documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYgl4UDWrNI

I was wondering if I can use some of your pictures for another assignment that includes adding pics to the doc I sent you. It is for purely educational purposes and no money will be made as a result.

You may contact me at michaelpopove@gmail.com

Sincerely.


Michael

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what type of camera/lens you used for this series?

Thank you for your reply.

Lung Liu said...

Bronica SQAi System.